FOSTER SUPPORT SERVICES
Hand in Hand believes that to effectively support children in Out of Home Care and their caregivers, the narrative of foster care must be addressed, challenged and realigned to reflect the present-day needs of children and caregivers.
Hand in Hand’s Foster Support Services is a new program intentionally created to improve the overall Out of Home Care experience for youth (0-18) and their caregivers. Services include Hand in Hand’s Resource Closet, Parent-Child Visitation and coming soon – a unique foster care support model encompassing foster support groups, licensing foster homes and a foster parent/biological parent/child partnership developed to create opportunity and success.
Through avid partnership and participation, we hope to promote best practices, strengthen relationships, foster ways of hope and opportunity for youth and families served and ignite a shift in the overall narrative of foster care in Snohomish County and Washington State.
Further details about these services can be found here >
- Encourage or promote the development of (something, typically something regarded as good).
- Develop (a feeling or idea) in oneself.
- Bring up (a child that is not one’s own by birth).
Out of Home Care:
- All youth who are placed with caregivers that are not their own by birth. This includes, but is not limited to: Kinship, Guardianship, Foster Care, 3rd Party Custody, Grandfamilies and Adoptees.
- A home where two biological parents, typically a mother and father, raise and support their children.
- A home where the biological mother and father may be absent or uninvolved with raising and supporting their children. This family dynamic may include: step-parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles, family friends, foster parents or unrelated third parties raising and supporting children.
FOSTER SUPPORT SERVICES PROGRAMS
Hand in Hand provides Foster Support Services to all youth (0-18) in out of home care placements and the individuals/families caring for youth that are not their own by birth. Eligible care providers include kinship, guardianship, foster care, 3rd party custody, grandfamilies and adoption.
Services can be accessed at any point during a child’s case or placement. Our new program includes the following services:
Clothing, shoes and personal hygiene items are available for youth in Out of Home Care. Items and pick up can be arranged by appointment. Please contact email@example.com, or call (425) 374-2461 to set your appointment.
Hand in Hand has contracted with the Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) to provide quality visitation to youth and families served by the Child Welfare system. Visitation will be coordinated through DCYF and take place at Hand in Hand’s Administrative Offices.
For more information about services within Hand in Hand’s Foster Support Services, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org