The Hand in Hand Outreach Program provides support services to children and families in our community. Working closely with families in need, we give financial, academic and basic necessity support and services.
- ONE ON ONE CONSULTATION
- RENTAL/UTILITIES ASSISTANCE
- EMERGENCY FOOD BOX
- CLOTHING GIVEAWAY
- SCHOOL OUTREACH
Sometimes simply finding the right place to start asking for help can be a challenge. At Hand in Hand, our outreach team works one on one with clients to assess their needs and create an action plan to best support them. This plan may include Hand in Hand resources or referrals to external resources.
A Consultation is required to receive financial assistance from Hand in Hand. Financial assistance requires proof of income, expenses, and disconnection/eviction notice, if applicable.
Consultation appointments are held M-F 9:00 am – 4:00 pm and last 30-45 minutes. No appointments are scheduled from 12:00 – 1:00 pm. Appointments can be scheduled one of three ways:
Rental and Utilities Assistance
Hand in Hand may provide assistance in paying utility or rent bills. Clients will meet with Outreach staff for a consultation to determine need.
Assistance is provided under the following guidelines:
- Client to provide required documentation– proof of income, expenses, and disconnection/eviction notice if applicable.
- Client to attend mandated Hand in Hand training.
- The amount of financial assistance given is to be determined by Hand in Hand staff and will not exceed $500.
- Assistance will only be given if remaining balance is covered by client or another agency.
- The residence must have children under the age of 18 living in the home.
For more information about Rental/Utilities Assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand in Hand provides boxes of food for individuals and families in emergency situations.
- No consultation required.
- Enough food for a family of 4 to last 7 days.
- Boxes for individuals without children are also available.
- Boxes are available to anyone in Snohomish County.
- Individuals and families can use this service once per calendar year, per family.
- Shelf Stable/requires stove for preparation.
- Pick up at our 9502 19th Ave SE, Suite F Everett, WA is required. Boxes are not delivered.
Hand in Hand is piloting a new clothing giveaway program. For more information about the program or how to qualify for it, please contact email@example.com
Qualifications will include:
- Provider one card required for all children under the age of 18.
- The service is only available to families with children under the age of 18 who are living at home.
Do you have clothes to donate? We are accepting gently used or new donations. Learn more here >
Created in partnership with the WA Youth Soccer – Soccer for Success program. This after school club focuses on providing homework support, nutrition information and time to play soccer.
- Location: Currently this service is only available at Horizon Elementary.
- Husky Club is open to 1st-5th grades attending Horizon Elementary
- Dates & Time: Three days a week, Tuesday through Thursday from 3:30-5:00 pm.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to volunteer to help children with homework? Learn more here >
Middle School Outreach
An academic support program designed for students who would benefit from small group mentoring. The program is geared toward students who are struggling with behaviors or transitions in their lives whether in school or at home.
- Location: Mukilteo and Everett School districts.
- Open to students in grade 6 -8.
- Small groups of 10-12 students separated into groups for boys and girls.
- Students will need a referral through their counselor or Student Support Advocate
- Please note that Hand in Hand staff are not certified counselors/therapists or trained for extreme behavioral or mental illness.